Getting kids to eat salads can be tricky, but what if was made from one of the most kid friendly fruits … watermelon!! Take a look at this quick and easy watermelon salad that your kiddos and friends will be begging to get the recipe for!
- Feta Cheese
- Fresh Basil
- Ground Pepper
- Fresh Limes
Join the Vintage Society Community and get a FREE LIGHTROOM PRESET
This recipe is based on approximately half of a large watermelon (5 cups) of watermelon but can easily be doubled, tripled or halved.
1. Cut and Cube a watermelon into bite size pieces. Make as much or as little as you like.
2. Add 1/3 - 1/2 cup of crumbled Feta Cheese to Watermelon.
3. Chop or cut up a handful of fresh basil and add to watermelon.
4. Add a dash of ground pepper to the salad.
5. Squeeze the juice from a lime onto the salad. Appproximatly 1/4 - 1/3 cup of juice.
Let the salad sit for approximately 5 minutes before serving so that the watermelon can take on some of the lime juice flavor. Boom! Quick and easy watermelon salad that the kids are sure to love!