Tips to Whiten and Brighten Laundry
This time of year is my absolute favourite time of year to do laundry as I like to hang everything on the line! With two kiddos in the house I have learned a thing or two about how t to keep my laundry looking good and stain free. Especially because all my couches are white! I hope you enjoy my tips to whiten and brighten laundry!
Shop the Back Patio
- Sunshine is the best bleach – There is something so comforting about freshly dried linens from outside. I honestly feel like I get a better sleep on them! Plus the sun is the best for bleaching out those hard to loose stains! Get outside and let the sun do the dirty work… plus it will save you on the ironing when your cloths come off the line!
- White Vinegar – I can’t believe how well this brightens everything! I hate when your clothes start to look old and wore! Add a dash of vinegar to your loads and you will be surprised how well it brings the colour up! Vinegar will even soften your fabric too, so add it to your bedding for that little bit of extra comfort!
- Dish Soap – I actually make a dish soap and vinegar mixture together! The combo is awesome and I am always so impressed with my cloths after they dry!
- Aspirin – I can’t believe the things Aspirin is good for! Flower food to whitening fabric! Add approx 5 pills to your water and let those whites soak for a while! Then throw them in the wash, but make sure to keep them away from your colours after or they will tint too!
- Borax – This age old product will actual soften the water and help with both whites and colours! I also mix it with a little icing sugar and use it to kill ants around the house! Gotta love a multi purpose product.
- Baking Soda – My daughter once spilled blue food colouring on my light grey wool rug…. I used white vinegar and baking soda to remove it and I learned then just how well baking soda can take a stain out! One cup of baking soda to 4 litres of water for your whites. Let it soak and then put it through the wash! Your cloths will look like new!
So there you have it! Those are my tried and tested tips to whiten and brighten laundry! I hope you give one or more of them a try and let me know your thoughts!