This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our full Disclosure Policy.
SPINACH & FETA QUICHE
There is truly nothing better than brunch on a special occasion! My number one go to for almost any brunch year-round is this amazing Spinach Feta Quiche! It’s crispy, savoury, healthy and probably one of the tastiest quiches you will ever eat! Don’t let the phyllo pastry intimidate you! It is honestly so easy to work with and makes this dish over the top with flavours and textures! Watch the video and take a look below at this yummy recipe! You will want to make it over and over again!
- 100 g pine nuts
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 300 g feta cheese
- 50 g Cheddar cheese
- dried oregano
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 400 g baby spinach
- 1 x 270 g pack of filo pastry
- cayenne pepper
- grated nutmeg
Looking for a sweet brunch idea? Check out our delicious French Crepe Recipe! An easy and delicious Recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
- Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden stirring occasionally.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl, crumble in the feta, then grate in the grated cheese. Add a pinch of black pepper and a couple of pinches of dried oregano.
- Finely grate in the lemon zest, drizzle in a little oil, then toss in the toasted pine nuts. Mix well.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of oil, add the spinach making sure to stir regularly until wilted.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper out on a clean work surface, rub lightly with oil and scrunch up, then flatten out again into an oven safe frying pan.
- 7. Arrange 4 sheets of filo in a large rectangle on the parchment paper.
- 8. Rub the filo with a little olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne pepper. 9. Repeat until you have 3 layers.
- 10. Stir the wilted spinach into the egg mixture, then grate in half the nutmeg and mix well.
- 11. Pour in the spinach mixture and spread out evenly, then fold the filo up over the filling to cover.
- 12. Place the pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes, just to get the bottom cooking, then transfer to the top shelf of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Serve warm and enjoy!
Looking for more brunch ideas? Check out Simply Styled Inspo for more Brunch Ideas!
I’m confused. What happens to the parchment paper?
Nothing happens to it. When you dish out the quiche, the paper stays in the pan
Looks absolutely scrumptious! Perfect Mother’s Day dish.
Oooo this looks so tasty!!
Oh my goodness, this looks amazing!!!!!!
This is beautiful! That flaky top looks irresistible.
It really is so yummy!
Oh my word this looks so yummy! Your photos are magazine worthy…thanks for sharing and Happy Mother’s Day!
Thanks so much Kelly!
Looks delicious! I’m definitely pinning this one for later!
thank you so much Mansa
This recipe looks yummy! But what on earth is a “knob” of butter?
Hi there, it’s just a small amount of butter. Maybe 1.5″ x 1.5″ 🙂