Sautéed Green Bean & Goat Cheese Salad
This simple recipe has been a 'go to' for Deb for a long time. It's fast and simple and has huge flavour! Although it is best made with garden fresh beans, it is a yummy side dish in any season! Pair it with a meat of your choice for a fresh, healthy taste! We hope you love this Sautéed Green Bean Salad with Goat Cheese as much as we do!
- 2 pounds green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
Join the Vintage Society Community
- In a large sauce pan on medium, heat olive oil, shallots and red pepper flakes. Sautéed until the shallots are a translucent colour.
- Add green beans and stir in garlic powder, salt and black pepper until desired tenderness is reached, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the green beans to a bowl. Toss the beans with goat cheese and toasted almonds.
- Serve immediately.
*For a spicier variation, add a some extra red pepper flakes.
*Sub out the almonds for pecans or walnuts.
*Sub this recipe also is very good for fresh asparagus.
Join the Vintage Society Community and get a FREE LIGHTROOM PRESET
Let us know what you think if you try this easy sautéed green bean salad with feta cheese! Better yet, tell us your favourite side salad dishes; we love quick and easy recipes around here! Leave us a comment down below!