How to Make Fresh Roses Last Longer
- Make sure you have a CLEAN vase and add warm water. Distilled water is always best as their will be no chance of debris in it.
- Add SUGAR into the water. This acts like food for the flowers
- Add white VINEGAR into the water and stir well. This acts like a disinfectant in the water keeping it clean and debris free.
- REMOVE all lower leaves from flowers so there won’t be any in the water.
- Cut 1 to 2 inches off the stems at an ANGLE while they are under water.
- Get your stem into the water as QUICKLY as possible! This will make sure the end of the flower stays open so it can absorb as much water as possible.
I hope you find these tips useful! Any of the above steps done independently will make roses last longer but when done in this combination you should be totally good to go!!