Soft and Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
What is better than a perfect chocolate chip cookie. Britt has been perfecting this easy chocolate chip cookie recipe for years and is finally ready to share it with you all. This cookie is so soft and chewy at the same time!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Join the Vintage Society Community
1. In a mixer add butter and gently blend.
2. Add brown and white sugar to the butter and mix.
3. Add 2 eggs and vanilla to butter sugar mixture.
4. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and gently mix.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter mixture.
6. Add oats and chocolate chips to mixture.
7. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
8. Place cookie dough on baking sheet.
9. Bake cookies for approximately 12 minutes until they turn a light brown.
10. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then place on cooling rack.
easy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe Tips
Some tips to always getting the best cookies are:
Use butter that is softened and DO NOT OVER MIX! Over mixing butter causes hard cookies. Mix butter and the entire dough as little as possible.
Also using a dark brown sugar, a best brown sugar or demerara brown sugar makes for a better tasting cookie as well.
If you do not want oats in your cookies you can just increase the flour by 1/3 cups and leave the oats out.
If you use salted butter like Britt does then you may want to omit using the extra salt in the recipe!
It's all about the chocolate chips
Chocolate chips can make or break your cookies! Britt's favorite chocolate chips are these semi-sweet chocolate chips and chunks! Not too sweet but not to dark either!
Another option is to get a bulk piece of chocolate that it in a big chunk and then grate the chocolate off of that! It makes for melty chewy cookies!
Join the Vintage Society Community and get a FREE LIGHTROOM PRESET
This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe really is so simple and fool proof and the cookies always turn out delicious! We hope you enjoy this recipe and please share with us if you try it!
Also have you ever tried storing the cookies in the freezer and enjoying them cold??? Britt stores her cookies in the freezer and pulls 1 out and leaves it sit for a few minutes and eats it that way. It is so cold and chewy and soft!