Cardamom Sugar Cookie
This may be the best cookie recipe EVER!! Spicy and sweet and everything Christmas! This is a recipe that Britt's Best friend shared with her that she found in her Grandma's cookbook. Try it for yourself this holiday season. We promise it wont disappoint.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- vanilla 1 tsp
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Join the Vintage Society Community
- Mix together the butter, sugar egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth
- Add your dry ingredients and mix
- let the dough chill for 2 hours
- After chilling, set oven to 350F
- Roll out your dough on a floured surface. dough should be roughly 1/2 inch thick.
- Optional - roll an embossed rolling pin over your dough for textured tops
- use cookie cutters to cut out shapes, place on parchment paper and bake.
Join the Vintage Society Community and get a FREE LIGHTROOM PRESET
What makes these cookies the best ever is the icing!
- Beat 2 egg whites till soft peaks
- add approximately 2 - 4 cups icing sugar (looking for a consistency that you like)
- add 1/2 tbsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp nutmeg
Have we convinced you to love Cardamom yet???