Beef or Bison Burger
I think we can all agree that an all time favorite meal would be the classic hamburger! Especially during the summer nothing beats a juicy burger grilled on the BBQ! Follow along with this recipe that offers the option of using bison burger for a leaner option!
This recipe calls for 2 lbs. of ground meat but you can always adjust to the amount of people you are cooking for!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. ground bison (or you can just do another pound of ground beef)
- BBQ sauce (Britt loves Cattlemen's)
- Steak Spice (Montreal is a favorite brand)
- Italian Seasoning
- Dill (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp. Worcester
- 1/4 cup diced onion or a hand full of chives
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Vegetable Oil for brushing on burgers before grilling.
- Cheese (optional - for melting on burgers)
- Hamburger buns
- Ketchup, mustard, mayo
- Other Burger toppings - Bacon, Onions, Mushrooms
1. Mix together ground meats, spices, BBQ sauce, Worcester, herbs, and diced onion or chives.
2. Add flour to help bind meat together.
3. grab approx. 1/3 cup beef bison burger mixture and roll together between hands. Roll for a few minutes so that meat forms a nice ball. Flatten between hands to form a patie.
4. If time allows cover bison burgers and place in the refrigerator for a few hours. This allows the meat to marinade and take in the flavours of the spices.
5. Pre heat your BBQ or smoker. Pull burgers from the fridge and brush on vegetable oil like you would BBQ sauce.
6. Grill bison burgers on each side. Add cheese if you like to melt.
7. Toast hamburger buns on the BBQ (spread butter on buns before toasting).
8. Add toppings of your choice to the bun - ex ... lettuce, pickles, avocado, onions, chips (BBQ or dill pickles or plain ruffle chips are a great option that add some crunch).
Join the Vintage Society Community and get a FREE LIGHTROOM PRESET
Hope you enjoy these delicious Beef Bison Burgers! Another twist that you can take with these burgers is infusing them with cheese. Take a smaller amount of meat and form a thin pattie. Place a chunk of cheese in the centre of this pattie. Roll a second thin pattie and place on top of the cheese. Pinch the edges together to hold in the cheese!
Looking to make your burger gluten free or just another bun option? Grab a few pieces of lettuce and enjoy your bison burger on a lettuce "bun."